Happy Birthday Saggitarius!
Celebrate Your Birthstones: Brilliant Blue Topaz & Tranquil Turquoise
Those born under the SAGITTARIUS sign are recognized as bold, independent, adventurous and charming.
- Born: Nov 23 – Dec 22
- Zodiac Symbol: Archer
- Ruling Planet: Jupiter
- Ruling Element: Fire
DID YOU KNOW? 10 Blue Topaz & Turquoise Fun Facts
- Blue topaz has been seen as a symbol of love and faithfulness since Victorian times. It also symbolizes strength, resilience, friendship and harmony.
- Naturally occurring blue topaz is rare. The pale, moderate or deep blue hue seen in most available blue topaz jewelry today is often created through a combination of heat and radiation.
- Kate Middleton, Cate Blanchett, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Jennifer Lopez have all been photographed wearing blue topaz jewelry.
- In Western culture, blue topaz is the representative gemstone of the 4th wedding anniversary.
- Turquoise has historically been considered a holy stone, and one that brings good fortune. Turquoise has adorned holy sites, such as the Taj Mahal in India, and Old-World rulers from Egypt, the Aztecs, Persia, Mesopotamia and the Indus Valley to name a few.
- Turquoise is widely seen as a symbol of friendship and happiness. It’s also the only gemstone to have an official colour named after it.
- The name “turquoise” dates to the 17th century and comes from the French word meaning “Turkish stone”.
- Turquoise is made up of aluminum, copper, phosphorus, water, and other ingredients and requires very specific conditions to form (E.g., it’s most often found at elevations of 3,000 - 8,500’ in dry, arid climates).
- Turquoise is mined throughout the world, notably in Afghanistan, Australia, Chile, China, Iran, Nepal, Mexico and the Southwest United States.
- In Western culture, turquoise is the representative gemstone of the 11th anniversary.