CANARY considers all pre-loved jewelry that has a current market demand and expected resale value of $300 and above.
Due to the administrative cost and time needed for the intake process and preparing items for sale on the CANARY site, only consignment items with a resale value of over $300 will be added to the website.
CANARY Consignment only accepts jewelry, such as:
Jewelry needs to meet the following conditions in order for CANARY to represent it:
- Cleaned/polished and in saleable, working condition.
- Meets our pre-loved jewelry wear conditions.
- Designer jewelry meets proof of authentication.
- Items valued at $5,000+ have had a certified appraisal completed within five years.
- Items valued at less than $5,000 have been reviewed by a certified gemologist and includes the following details: carat or stone weight; metal type confirmation; estimated retail value; and product measurements or size.
This is one of the most common questions we get here at CANARY!
To summarize: An insurance appraisal isn’t an indicator of the actual resale value of your
pre-loved jewelry. It’s simply the highest amount your insurance provider could expect to pay
to replace your jewelry in the retail market in case of loss or theft. Pre-loved jewelry – even if never or rarely worn – can’t be re-sold as new (retail jewelry market). It can only be sold as pre-loved (resale jewelry market).
The opportunity to get more value and quality for the dollar is the main reason buyers consider purchasing pre-loved jewelry. They’ve typically done their research before they
start shopping for pre-loved jewelry, and therefore know to expect a price below an insurance appraisal valuation. The only usual exception to this is if a buyer is looking for a
hard-to-find, coveted designer brand item in excellent condition and in a common size, or that can be resized to fit.
CANARY endeavors to price pre-loved jewelry where these values meet.
Learn more about the resale jewelry market here.
You receive 70% of the final net selling price (excluding taxes, packaging and shipping).
The starting price of an item will be determined using, among other considerations, the appraised value, the condition of the item, and its resale potential. The starting price is established by CANARY and may be reduced if an item is part of a promotion.
CANARY works with FedEx, Canada Post and UPS to transport items.
The risk of shipping lies with potential consignors under all circumstances until shipped item(s) arrive at our location.
We ask that you always add tracking to all of your jewelry shipments.
If you no longer see your piece of jewelry for sale on our site, or simply wish to inquire about the status of your piece, please send an email to email@example.com.
Consignor payments will be available, upon request, in the first week of the month following the sale. Therefore, if you sell a piece of jewelry in the month of April you will be eligible for payment in the first week of May. Payment will be made by EFT.
If your treasure has not found a new home following a year on the Canary website, you have two options:
We can return the item(s) to you: You will be responsible for return shipping set at a flat rate of $20.00. Or, we can donate the product as part of our Do Good Program to the Gems for Gems Charity.
This is an important part of how we set prices on jewelry and convey the condition of the item to buyers.
5 Feathers: Exquisite
As-new And/Or unique and rarely available.
4 Feathers: Excellent
Slight wear, E.g. small scratches that even an eagle eye would find hard to detect.
3 Feather Rating: Very Good
Visibly pre-loved, but still plenty of shine left to be brilliant.
We ship with Canada Post, FedEx or UPS depending on your location. A tracking number will be provided so that you can anticipate the arrival of your shipment.
Shopify uses industry-standard security measures to protect the checkout process of its merchants. Here are some ways Shopify secures the checkout process:
- SSL Certificate: Shopify uses a 256-bit SSL certificate to protect the checkout process. This encrypts all sensitive data during transmission, including credit card information and other personal data, preventing them from being intercepted and read by unauthorized parties.
- PCI Compliance: Shopify is certified as PCI compliant, which means that the platform follows the best practices for handling credit card information and financial data in order to reduce the risk of fraud and data breaches.
- Fraud Protection: Shopify has built-in fraud protection and risk analysis tools that help merchants detect and prevent fraudulent transactions, including chargebacks and identity theft.
- 2-Factor Authentication: Shopify allows merchants to enable 2-factor authentication, which requires an extra layer of identity verification to access their store and prevent unauthorized access to customer data.
Overall, Shopify takes security very seriously and provides a safe and secure checkout process for its merchants and their customers.