Happy Birthday Pisces!
Celebrate Your Birthstone: The Astonishing Aquamarine
Those born under the Pisces sign are known for their optimism, ambition, and determination.
- Born: February 19 – March 20
- Zodiac Symbol: Fish
- Ruling Planet: Neptune
- Ruling Element: Water
DID YOU KNOW? 10 Aquamarine Fun Facts
- Aquamarine is a symbol of youth, health and hope.
- Depending on the amount of iron present, its colour ranges from pale blue to deep blue, like the colours of the ocean.
- Its name comes from the Latin word aqua marinus, meaning “water of the sea”.
- Natural in colour, Aquamarine is the blue to green variety of the beryl gemstone family.
- Aquamarine is the gemstone of the 19th wedding anniversary.
- The endless blue of the stone represents exhilaration and relaxing calm.
- Aquamarine has a 7.5 to 8 hardness on the Mohs scale, meaning it is relatively strong and wonderful alternative to diamonds.
- The more saturated and intense the colour is, the more valuable the stone.
- Aquamarine is mined at high elevations, with the majority of Aquamarine's on the market coming from Brazil.
- One of the most famous celebrity engagement rings is the Aquamarine and Diamond ring designed by Justin Timberlake for Jessica Biel.